The American Board of Integrative and Holistic Medicine will host a 5-day conference titled "Science and Connection: A New Era of Integrative Health & Medicine" at Paradise Point Resort & Spa in San Diego, CA, on October 26-30, 2014.
Academy of Integrative Health & Medicine (AIHM)
Scripps Center for Integrative Medicine
American Holistic Medical Association (AHMA)
American Board of Integrative and Holistic Medicine (ABIHM)
Science and Connection: A New Era of Integrative Health & Medicine
October 26-30, 2014
Paradise Point Resort and Spa
San Diego, CA
For a unique educational experience that includes a current review of the art and science of integrative holistic medicine as well as an opportunity for personal renewal and meaningful connection with other participants. The course format includes lectures, a unique virtual question and answer process, networking opportunities, focused track sessions and experiential morning programs. Faculty are renowned experts in integrative holistic medicine representing multiple disciplines, with experience in providing practical summaries on a wide range of mind-body-spirit topics. This year is special as we celebrate the inauguration of our multidisciplinary global academy!
This educational course is for health care professionals who are seeking to expand their clinical competencies and advance their mind-body-spirit approach to healing. Credits are available for many health care professionals: physicians (MD, DO, ND), nurses, dieticians, acupuncturists, chiropractors, midwives, pharmacists, physician assistants and more.
Integrative holistic medicine is based on the following principles:
- Health is more than the absence of disease.
- People are more than their symptoms, and healing requires a whole person approach.
- Empowered patients make long-term and lasting changes that support healing and optimal health.
After attending this activity, participants should be able to:
- Discuss the importance of treating the whole person, mind-body-spirit;
- Assess the value of a physician/patient partnership in improving health;
- Evaluate the role of evidence-based integrative holistic medicine in the treatment and prevention of common medical conditions and chronic illnesses;
- Incorporate integrative holistic medicine treatments into patient care, referring to specialists as necessary;
- Utilize tools and resources provided to incorporate integrative holistic medicine into their practices/organizations; and
- Establish a network of like-minded practitioners
For registration and more, click here to visit the ABIHM conference website.
Click here to view the full conference brochure.