On Saturday, February 28, 2015, Students for Integrative Medicine (SIM, formerly NCAM) at UCLA will be hosting the 3rd Annual Student Conference for Integrative Medicine (ASCIM 2015) in partnership with the David Geffen Integrative Medicine Student Interest Group (IMSIG) and the support of the UCLA Center for East-West Medicine (CEWM) at Tamkin Auditorium, UCLA Ronald Reagan Medical Center. This year's theme will be "Exploring Integrative Medicine from a Clinical to Global Scale."
3rd Annual Student Conference for Integrative Medicine
"Exploring Integrative Medicine from a Clinical to Global Scale"
SATURDAY, February 28, 2015, 9:00am-5:00pm
Tamkin Auditorium (B-130), UCLA Ronald Reagan Medical Center
757 Westwood Plaza, Los Angeles, CA 90095
The 3rd Annual Student Conference for Integrative Medicine, entitled “Exploring Integrative Medicine from a Clinical to Global Scale,” seeks to educate undergraduate and professional students in the Southern California region who are interested in the field of integrative medicine. This day-long event features renowned experts in holistic healing who hold experiential workshops and lectures on how integrative medicine impacts the healthcare field through nutrition, mindful awareness, conventional medicine, and public health. Attendees are invited to explore the various careers of integrative medicine through professional panels and networking opportunities.
NEW: Watch the ASCIM 2015 promo video below!
See below for conference highlights from last year's ASCIM 2014, "Science and Art of Whole-Person Healing for the 21st Century":
- Featuring Keynote Speakers:
- Interactive Workshops and Lectures (Osteopathic Medicine, Yoga and Meditation, Clinical Care, Mindful Awareness, Tai Chi, Homeopathy and much more)
- Lan Kao, LAc, Dipl. Ac. & C.H., UCLA Center for East-West Medicine
- Sonya Pritzker, LAc, PhD, UCLA Center for East-West Medicine
- Rammohan Rao, PhD, CAS, RYT, The Buck Institute
- Payam Hakimi, DO, ABFP, Board Certified Family Physician
- Marvin G. Belzer, PhD, UCLA Mindful Awareness Research Center
- Guru Jagat, Ra MA Institute for Applied Yogic Science and Technology
- Helen Lavretsky, MD, UCLA Medical Center, UCLA Department of Psychiatry
- Andrew Shubov, MD, UCLA Center for East West Medicine, UCLA Santa Monica Hospital
- Sarkis Mazmanian, PhD, California Institute of Technology
- Professional Panel moderated by David Geffen IMSIG Medical Students
ASCIM 2015 Regular Registration now open! Register HERE.
- Breakfast, lunch, and a conference T-shirt and goodie bag are included.
- CEUs for LCSW/MFT/RN/acupuncturists will be available for a nominal fee the day of the event.
For more information:
- View our conference flyer here.
- LIKE our ASCIM 2015 Facebook Page to stay updated with conference happenings.
- Click here to view the updated conference schedule (Updated: February 6, 2015)
Support our conference
Sponsors of ASCIM 2015 may donate via check. Please make the check payable to "Students for Integrative Medicine at UCLA" and mail along with the sponsorship form to: