Local and International News media related to TCM and COVID-19
- China is promoting coronavirus treatments based on unproven traditional medicines. published on Nature (5/6/2020)
- Why people are turning to Traditional Chinese Medicine in the wake of COVID-19. published on The Coveteur (5/5/2020)
- To fight the coronavirus, some patients turn to alternative medicine. published on Los Angeles Times (4/17/2020)
- China backs unproven treatments for covid-19. published on The Economist (4/11/2020)
- TCM and COVID-19: China conducting trials to test efficacy and safety of traditional herbal interventions. published on The NutraIngredients-Asia (4/6/2020)
- China is encouraging herbal remedies to treat COVID-19. But scientists warn against it. published on NBC news (4/5/2020)
This article presents mixed opinions on the safety and efficacy on TCM for the treatment of COVID-19 and the potential political agenda associated with promoting TCM.
- How to treat COVID-19 with TCM. published on China Daily (4/4/2020)
This article provides a brief introduction of how TCM theory explains COVID-19, introduces the key experts who are fighting the pandemic in China, provides an overview of the East-West integrated treatments and discusses the efficacy of treating COVID-19 with TCM.
- Demand for TCM surges in New York as coronavirus fears take hold. published on CGTN (3/19/2020)
This article and accompanying video depicts a Chinese herbal dispensary in New York Chinatown and describes the demand for Chinese herbal medicine by traditional Chinese medicine practitioners in the US.
- Exploring the effectiveness of traditional Chinese medicine against COVID-19. published on Elsevier (3/18/2020)