Professor Han Jisheng gives an account about his research in using acupuncture to treat pain and addiction and how it has been extended to other addictive conditions, including obesity.
Professor Han is a renowned neuroscientist and director of the Neuroscience Research Institute of Peking University and Academician of the China Academy of Science. His research established that acupuncture triggers the release of endorphins and other neurotransmitters, which block pain.
Original Paper by Professor Han:
- The Treatment of Obesity by Acupuncture
- Acupuncture for the Treatment of Obesity: a review of the evidence
- Effect of acupuncture on serum insulin level in the patient of simple obesity
- Stimulation of auricular acupuncture points in weight loss.
- Effects of Bilateral Auricular Acupuncture Stimulation on Body Weight in Healthy Volunteers and Mildly Obese Patients
- Gastric bypass as treatment for obesity: trends, characteristics, and complications.