On October 26-27, 2013, the Northwestern Feinberg School of Medicine will be hosting the second annual National Student Conference for Integrative Medicine.
Northwestern Feinberg School of Medicine
National Student Conference for Integrative Medicine
October 26-27, 2013
Feinberg School of Medicine,
Northwestern University, Chicago, IL
See below for Conference Grant information.
The Integrative Medicine Conference Grant invites application from medical students and selected undergraduates in good academic standing in the United States. This grant is intended to encourage students from UCLA to attend the National Student Conference on Integrative Medicine, October 26-27, 2013, hosted by Northwestern University in Chicago. For more details, visit their conference site at <http://www.nscim.org>.
The award will reimburse the cost of conference registration and lodging for up to 2 nights in a shared room post-event. Up to 5 awards will be given.
- The applicant must be a currently enrolled medical student or undergraduate in good academic standing at UCLA.
- Preferences will be given to medical students at UCLA David Geffen School of Medicine who demonstrate academic achievement and leadership abilities.
- If chosen as a grant scholar, the candidate must be able to submit a post-conference report. See details below under “Post-Conference Report”.
- The award money must be applied toward conference registration and lodging connected with the National Student Conference on Integrative Medicine on October 26-27, 2013.
Application Deadline and Procedures
Submit the following materials to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 26, 2013:
- A statement of purpose in1-2 pages indicating applicant’s background in integrative medicine, the reason for attending the conference and the financial need;
- An unofficial transcript as proof of student status in good standing;
- A Curriculum Vitae.
Post-Conference Report Required by Grant Scholars
Grant scholars must submit a report that includes (1) a detailed summary of at least one of the topics covered at the conference, and (2) a reflection of their overall experience. This is due on November 4th, 2013 via e-mail. The report topic may be chosen by CEWM and published on the Explore IM website for broad dissemination.
Applications will be review by CEWM faculty and the award will be announced via e-mail no later than September 3, 2013.
The Integrative Medicine Conference Grant is made possible by the Gerald Oppenheimer Family Foundation and Shirley Hui Memorial Fund.
Information and Contact
Contact Person: Ms. Linxin Zhang, UCLA Center for East-West Medicine
Telephone: (310) 794-0712