The 2014 annual Integrative Healthcare Symposium will take place on February 20-22, 2014 at the Hilton New York, bringing together multidisciplinary healthcare professionals dedicated to improving patient care and defining the future of integrative healthcare.
Beth Israel Medical Center’s
Continuum Center for Health and Healing
Integrative Healthcare Symposium
February 20-22, 2014
Hilton New York, NY
Integrative Healthcare Symposium brings together multi-disciplinary healthcare professionals dedicated to improving patient care and defining the future of integrative healthcare.
- Jeffrey Bland, PhD, FACN, FACB
- Mark Hyman, MD
- Tieraona Low Dog, MD
- James Gordon, MD
- In the current state of medical care, analyze the research, treatment opportunities, and challenges facing healthcare practitioners to improve outcomes for patients
- Examine new clinical approaches, especially integrative medicine’s greater emphasis on prevention, and self-care practices to enhance conventional outcomes in healthcare management.
- Evaluate scientific and clinically-relevant applications for the most commonly utilized and researched modalities in integrative and complementary/alternative medicine.
- Given emerging evidence in the field, introduce the complementary approaches of Integrative Medicine to improve patient care.
The 2014 conference program has been categorized into the following tracks:
- Cardiovascular Health
- Musculoskeletal/Sports Medicine
- Integrative Approaches (covering topics such as fertility, gut health, autoimmune and more)
- Integrative Nursing
- Mind Body Spirit
Also featured in 2014: Policy Updates, Practice Management Sessions, Functional Medicine Workshops, Experiential, and movement classes.
Continuing Education will be offered to the following:
- Doctors of Naturopathy
- Registered Nurses
- Advanced Practice Nurses
- Nurse Practitioners
- Doctors of Chiropractic
- Acupuncturists/Practitioners of Traditional/Oriental Medicine
For more information and registration, click here to visit the IHS webpage.