The University of Minnesota will be offering a summer program on holistic health and healing from June 10-14, 2013. The event features on-site learning and experts from UMN's Center for Spirituality & Healing and School of Nursing.
University of Minnesota
Center for Spirituality & Healing
School of Nursing and Woodwinds Health Campus
Holistic Health & Healing Summer Institute
for Integrative Clinical Care
June 10-14, 2013
Ideal for nursing and other healthcare professionals wanting to bring holistic health and healing practices to their organizations.
- Upon completion of the program, participants will be able to:
- Compare and contrast the history, philosophy, principles and practices of holistic health and healing with conventional approaches to healthcare.
- Develop a personal plan for health and well-being that incorporates holistic practices.
- Examine the evidence base underlying complementary therapies and cultural-based healing practices.
- Develop holistic practice guidelines and standards that can be applied to the care of clients in a variety of clinical settings.
- Describe characteristics of optimal healing environments.
Click here to visit the University of Minnesota webpage for more information.