On Saturday, March 1st, 2014, Students for Integrative Medicine (SIM, formerly NCAM) at UCLA will be hosting the 2nd Annual Student Conference for Integrative Medicine (ASCIM 2014) in partnership with the David Geffen Integrative Medicine Student Interest Group (IMSIG) and the support of the UCLA Center for East-West Medicine (CEWM) at Tamkin Auditorium, UCLA Ronald Reagan Medical Center. This year's theme will be "Science and Art of Whole-Person Healing for the 21st Century."
ASCIM 2014 Updates:
If you attended the conference and would like to request links to our post-conference materials, please email Vivianne at <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
Interested in contributing to next year's conference? Email the ASCIM team at <ASCIM.SIMatUCLA@gmail.com> with your name and contact information. Thank you!
Annual Student Conference for Integrative Medicine
"Science and Art of Whole-Person Healing for the 21st Century"
SATURDAY, March 1st, 2014 10:00am-4:00pm
*Registration and breakfast begin at 9:00 AM.*
Tamkin Auditorium (B-130), UCLA Ronald Reagan Medical Center
757 Westwood Plaza, Los Angeles, CA 90095
"[Students for Integrative Medicine (SIM, formerly NCAM) is] doing important work in bringing forward the whole person, health-focused, and team-based values, practices and disciplines associated with integrative health and medicine." - John Weeks, The Integrator Blog, ACCAHC
Interested in whole-person medicine? Join 150+ pre-health and professional students from Southern California in learning how a whole-person approach to medicine can address the healthcare needs of the 21st Century. This day-long event will include hands-on workshops demonstrating a biopsychosocial, nutritional, and environmental framework for health cultivation (including Tai Chi, Yoga, Creative Arts Therapy, and Chinese Herbal Medicine), a diverse health professional student panel, and keynote addresses from prominent leaders in integrative healthcare.
- Victoria Maizes, MD, University of Arizona Center for Integrative Medicine
- Michael Goldstein, PhD, UCLA Fielding School of Public Health & UCLA Healthy Campus Initiative
- Interactive workshops (Tai Chi, Yoga, Creative Arts, Herbal Medicine, and more!)
- Sandi Chiu, MSOM, LAc, UCLA Center for East-West Medicine
- Suzie Kline, PhD, CNP, LAc, Huntington Memorial Hospital
- Shin Lin, PhD, UCI Susan Samueli Center for Integrative Medicine
- Eva Nemeth, MPT, EVA Movement
- Michael Sinel, MD, UCLA Medical Center, Samata International Yoga & Health Institute
- Diana Winston, PhD, UCLA Mindful Awareness Research Center
- Ping Ho, MA, MPH, UCLArts and Healing
- Lawrence Lau, MD, MSOM, LAc, Yosan University of Traditional Chinese Medicine
- Professional Student Panel
- Led by David Geffen IMSIG Medical Students
- Including students in Nursing, Osteopathic, Naturopathic, and Oriental Medicine
Attendees will have a choice of 2-3 workshops for each of three sessions.
Who should attend?
- Undergraduates and professional students from the Southern California region interested in a career in healthcare or wellness
- Regular registration for students, professionals, and community members is now open. Breakfast, lunch, and a conference goodie bag & T-shirt are included in the registration fee.
- Refund Policy: Refunds will be accepted until February 7th. All refund requests made after this date will not be accepted. If you would like to refund your ticket, please email Katherine Diep at <email@example.com>.
- CEU Information:
- CEUs for LCSW/MFT/RN will be available for a nominal fee of $25 the day of the conference. Check, cash, and credit card are accepted. Please make checks payable to "Arts and Healing Initiative." For more information about CEUs for LCSW/MFT/RN, please contact Ping Ho at <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
- CEUs for acupuncturists (LAc) will be available for a nominal fee of $25 the day of the conference. For more information about CEUs for acupuncturists, please contact Sandi Chiu at <email@example.com>.
Support our conference
- Click HERE to view our Sponsorship Request as well as information about sponsorship tiers and conference benefits.
- Click HERE to donate securely on our GoFundMe page. Information on sponsorship tiers and conference benefits are also included on the GoFundMe page.***Note: We will be processing all online donations via GoFundMe, and not PayPal as listed in previous sponsorship letters.***
ASCIM 2014 is supported by: